blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Flattery will get you nowhere!

Like all obscure bloggers (although my "pageviews all time history" number is 79,602 to date, I don't kid myself), I receive plenty of spam comments, none of which actually comment on the content of my blogposts, all of which serve their own purposes, advertising some other website. I routinely delete them unread, especially the ones written in Kanji or Cyrillic, but occasionally I'm amused by the computer-generated gibberish in the message that's been left, or the "comments" that have obviously been processed through Google Translate:
near any taxon of jewellery for your rely be! Buying material possession online can be baffling to reason out overmuch or refurbished items. If you experience a exposure of the newest fashions fun and comfy once more. You faculty soon discover yourself turning into a traveller
Do they really imagine that anyone will actually read this nonsense and click on their link to read more?

Some spammers are slightly cleverer and try to approach you by praising your blog. I have collected a few of these flattering remarks, retaining the mistakes for their entertainment value, but deleting the associated links:
Hi there, I read your new stuff like every week. Your story-telling style is witty, keep up the good work! Here is my web page ...
Hello, just wanted to say, I liked this post. It was funny. Keep on posting! Heree is myy web page ...
I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog posts in this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site. Reading this info So i am happy to exhibit that I've an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I needed. I most indisputably will make sure to don?t put out of your mind this web site and give it a look regularly.
Only stumbled on your blog site below. Lots of wonderful information We ended up being keen on. Appreciate it for making the effort to share. Fantastic weblog you have occurring right here. A great deal of information being propagated. Considerably treasured.
I can't find your email subscription link or newsletter service. Do you've any? Please let me realize in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.
You've made some really good points there. I checked on the nett for more info about the issue and found most individuals will go along with yourr views on this website.
It is not my first time to pay a visit this site, i am visiting this web page dailly and take pleasant information from here daily.
I have been browsing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.
You have a large amount of knowledge on this subject matter without a doubt. It is some nice things below. Awesome data. Keep writing.
I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one nowadays.
Thanks for the compliments, ladies and gentlemen. I appreciate them very much, but not in the way you intended.

No comments: