blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

In one day

I know how lucky I am.

Here is a selection of photos I took yesterday, when I left the house at 7:30am to drive to Kanata with Chris. Later in the morning I helped to host a party at the Smithvale Stables for diplomats' families, the repeat of an event that took place this time last year.

Ottawa riverbank, early morning (view from Dick Bell Park)

Bales of straw for the horses at the stables

Sleigh ready to take passengers

First ride: they're off!

The horses' breath, between sleigh-rides

On the wagon, looking down

View from the ride, looking forward

Looking back the way we'd come

Musical chairs (my camera steamed up when we came indoors) 

The band, wearing their nautical hats for a sea shanty

Warming up to the music

A "Musical Ride"
 
Two hours later, in PTN.... the River Gatineau from above

Final approach for a touch-and-go at Gatineau aiport

Returning to Rockcliffe with the sun setting beyond the city

Turning base above the Ottawa River, in the Rockcliffe circuit

Chris had taken the afternoon off work in order to make the most of the good flying weather. After an hour in the air we came back home, spoke to my mother in Cardiff, to our daughter in London and to our son in Australia. Then friends visited us for a cosy supper with wine and one of those Bougie Doozie candles from Chelsea on the table.

I do not take my privileged life for granted.

No comments: