blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Nice coincidence

Still thinking about California, San Francisco, its artistic communities and its extraordinary clouds,  I notice that the blogger of one of the "Blogs I follow" (Some Landscapes: see left hand column of this page) has just published a post about a piece of contemporary music that's inspired by the mists that linger over the San Francisco area. It's entitled Fog Tropes and you can click on the audio links to hear the music. It's good!

Talking of music, I've had an email from the Music and Beyond team boasting of the success of this year's festival in Ottawa:
Attendance this year surpassed 35,000, an increase of over 11% from 2011. Feedback from our surveys was overwhelmingly glowing with 99.7% stating they were satisfied with the event this year and 96% reporting a high level of satisfaction.
I didn't participate in the survey myself this year, but I'm pleased to hear about that.

1 comment:

CWC said...

I'll be damned, our musical tastes are congruent in some small sense!

Quite ECMish.