blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Over the mountains in a twin prop

My son on the wall of the Rosengarten in Bern, aged 4
It seems we'll be travelling again soon, with another multi-destination business trip for Chris being planned for mid-May. This afternoon I looked up the different ways of travelling from Köln, Germany, to Bern, Switzerland, and came across a small airline I'd never heard of, based in Bern itself: SkyWork Airlines. It takes just over an hour to fly to Bern from Köln in one of their planes. The destination airport is small and attractive. I remember it well.

We used to live in Bern about 30 years ago and I haven't been there since, so for me it's going to be an emotional return as well. We'll only be staying for a few days, this time. I know Köln too, having first visited that city in 1963.

My daughter in the Bernese Oberland, aged 6

3 comments:

CWC said...

This one sounds pretty exciting. I know about unsolicited advice, and shooting video. BUT, take this weekend to practice shooting 10 second-or-so clips. The G12 is a good video camera and it really pays off once you get home. Don't tell Chris and he'll think you're shooting stills so you're safe there.

Emma said...

Sounds great! I went to Bern a couple of years ago and remembered more than I expected to. Cologne is pretty good too. I do hope you'll be taking the train between them!

Alison Hobbs said...

Yes, we decided to take the train in the end (see the post I published today, May 7th).