blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Shrines and mountains in the snow

Chris had a day off work and so, on the recommendation of one of the gentlemen from AIST, we went by train to Nikko, to visit the temple complex that is a World Heritage site and to catch a view of the mountains, Nyoho San and Nantai San, nearly 2500 m high. My brain is too saturated with new impressions to give a coherent account of all this yet, though I wrote some notes on the homeward journey after dark, when I couldn't look out at the views any more.

Here are a few pictures. Yes, those are the original Three Wise Monkeys, seen at the Togashu shrine.





No comments: