blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

This morning's distractions

Eight of the Konversationsgruppe
I had an influx of ladies today, all coming round to chat in German. There were fifteen of us in the end, in my not very large living room where I'd had to rearrange the furniture to accommodate everybody, the squirrels outside distracting us with their antics on the bird feeder. Luci, our Ko-ordinatorin, had us reading some satire by the German comedian "Loriot" whom I know from a film of his: Ödipussi, 1988.

Never mind the squirrels; I was distracted by thoughts of travelling soon. Chris, who had a meeting with the Chinese engineers early this morning, sent a message to tell me that his business trip to Hangzhou will definitely be combined with our visit to Beijing in May, and it's also almost certain that we'll be going right round the world. He needs to be in Cambridge and München for meetings at the end of June, on the way back to Canada. Ich reise mit (although perhaps I'll be in Wales while Chris is in Germany).

No comments: