blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Bad start to the day

Half awake when I check my email after getting up, I find yet another objectionable comment on my blog (an unsolicited advert for a superb system that WILL make me money, sic) which I set about reporting as spam, only to get the message "We're sorry, but we were unable to complete your request." Presumably there's a new bug in the works. I then try going to the comments page on Blogger and in a fury accidentally delete six months of bona fide comments on my blog by friends and relations. There's no way of getting these back now.

I doubt whether blogger is sorry about that too, but I am, very.

2 comments:

fishsponge said...

That's very annoying... and while I don't intend to insult blogger, my wordpress blog has had no spam on it whatsoever. The spam checking appears to be flawless (famous last words)!

I don't think you'll want to change URL again (although you could buy a domain, of course), but you might want to think about wordpress in the long run...

Rymistri@la vie en fuchsia said...

Oh bummer!

I'm not sure why I never have any spam, it probably has something to do with not being active enough. Perhaps this year will yield more as I am trying to blog everyday. Sorry you lost it all!

~M