blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Hope

I have attended four funerals or memorial services this year, two for elderly ladies (Elizabeth and Claude), one for a friend of my own generation (Regina) and a long mass at the Notre Dame Basilica last week for the teenaged children and niece (who died in a car crash last month) of a lady from our German conversation group (Katarzyna). I've thought many thoughts about all of these people, but writing about them seems impossible at the moment. Maybe I shall try again later. Music featured in each funeral and it seems as though this must help the chief mourners. I do hope so.

After Claude's funeral on Saturday I had to drive to the Flying Club to look after a little girl while her parents and her brother went up for a sight-seeing flight with Chris. She was 8 months old and after my very recent contemplation of the other end of life, her soft, warm company and her cheerfulness did me a world of good.

No comments: