blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Plans interrupted

It's been a nerve wracking few days. My Air France flights back to Paris and Montreal were both cancelled because of the volcanic ash. George and Sha had no flight to Paris either. We therefore drove from Barcelona all the way to Paris, a marvellous ride over the Pyrennees and the Massif Centrale, seeing a Mediterrean beach on the way and the highest road bridge in the world, and stopping overnight in Beziers.

George and Sha leave for London tomorrow on the Eurostar train, and after a fraught night and early morning on the Internet, using George's computer, I am now booked onto another Eurostar train, leaving Friday afternoon. I also have an Air Canada flight booked for Sunday, Heathrow to Ottawa, if the 'planes are up back in operation by then. Meanwhile I'm staying in Paris, in lovely spring weather.

For the moment I can't really complain!