blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

From my notebook

I carry small notebooks around with me. Flicking through my latest one, I see snippets which would doubtless puzzle any investigator rummaging through my bag. Apart from the four pages of notes about Turkey (to be referred to in a subsequent blogpost) I see that I made the following notes:

"Your resonators are buzzing!" Hungnooo, Hungmmmeee

Make supper ahead Salmon Wellington spuds ratatouille

"Let us bus your table" (sculpture garden pavilion)

UA 7374 Dulles arr. 6:30. Silver Ford Fusion. Parking 13 Dulles.

Chinese counting: ee, arr, san, sue, all, leo, tzee, baa, geo, sure

tree-tree = forest, peace in house = woman

Tuskegee Road, Syracuse. The Tuskegee Airmen, a black WW2 Fighter Squadron, the 99th.

Rockcliffe Ramblings 1954-86. Nigerian student flew over to YOW on day Snow Birds were on show. Did touch-and-goes on Rwy 22 to impress former instructors. Jack contacted tower saying language problem.

Extras - Jack $20, Parking $10, Bag $8.99, Plants $5.18

www.re-cycles.ca, 477 Bronson Avenue, old, donated bikes

Stephen Fry's letter to his 16-year old self: "Knowing how to feel is more important than how you feel. Deadness of soul is the only unpardonable crime... and if there is one thing happiness can do it is mask deadness of soul."

No comments: