blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Lots of ladies

Yesterday saw the start of a new season with the Ottawa CFUW's Diplomatic Hospitality group, when at a coffee morning held in Vanier we introduced ourselves to the new diplomats in town and reconnected with the ones we already knew. My job is to man the photography table on these annual occasions, at which I sell my photos of the last season, as well as home-made cards.

On the previous morning Mum, I and seven German-speaking Canadians had been round to see a Anke on MacKay Street, sitting round her dining table and sharing stories of what we'd each been up to during the summer.

Elva, home from Paraguay, came round for supper yesterday evening (with Laurie, Don and Kathryn) and tomorrow she'll be setting off with Carol, Mum and me for a trip into the Laurentians, returning next Wednesday. That one won't be such a dressy outing.

No comments: