blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Back and forth

We're having a concert-free day today. Chris has just sent me his 10th position report of the day from his "Find Me Spot" device so that I know he's still alive on his way home from Owen Sound. He flew there this morning so as to pick up a mother and baby, the wife and son of his colleague Craik, who's bringing the luggage back the conventional way in the car (a ride that takes eight hours or so); they have been spending their holiday week over there by Lake Huron. I'm nervous because of the thunderstorms brewing in this part of Ontario again. Chris will have to try to fly around them with his precious load and I'll be glad when I hear they've landed safely.

On Monday it's going to be me in the passenger seat. That's the day we've chosen for the start of our flight to Newfoundland and/or Labrador. I'm borrowing Craik's iBook to take with me so that I can record our adventures, but whether I'll find a good enough Internet connection for blogging I'm not sure. Watch this space.

4:15p.m., I now know that Chris has brought his passengers to Carp, their home airport, and only needs to make the short hop from there to Rockcliffe. He phoned me from the ground, the baby in his arms.