blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit

blending an assortment of thoughts and experiences for my friends, relations and kindred spirit
By Alison Hobbs, blending a mixture of thoughts and experiences for friends, relations and kindred spirits.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bare arms

It's a balmy night tonight. You'd think we were in California, a part of the world that's on my mind at present as I have just finished reading Isabel Allende's novel Daughter of Fortune. Chris and I have just come home from a walk round the park in the moonlight; I saw a shooting star, too.

Apart from the unseasonal temperature, the Canadian fall is at its most colourful now with swathes of bright red sumac leaves on the banks of the Ottawa River under luminous yellow trembling aspens, such as you'd see in British Columbia. We cycled 34 kilometers through these colours this afternoon, with a rest at the Flying Club where I sat with bare arms to soak up some Vitamin D from the sunshine. I hope it did Chris some good as well, as his malaise of last week has now taken the form of a cold; he's been sneezing all day and didn't want to join the others flying to Mont Laurier in case his "head exploded" (barotrauma).

The water level in the rivers is very low. The Rideau Valley Conservation Authority were alarmed about this last month. They must be even more worried now.

No comments: